New Syllabus Mathematics Workbook 1 (7th Ed)
New Syllabus Mathematics is the most widely-adopted series of secondary mathematics textbooks in Singapore. Following the three-part lesson approach, pupils begin with an anchor task, followed by a guided practice, before concluding with an independent practice. New concepts are introduced and built upon in the textbooks. Well-structured exercises developed in
accordance to the lesson objectives are found in the workbooks.
This is a 4-year course in preparation for Cambridge O-level.
This is a 4-year course.
For Secondary 1/ Grade 7 / Year 7
- Primes, Higher Common Factor and Lowest Common Multiple
Square and Cube Roots
- Integers, Rational Numbers and Real Numbers
Four Operations of Negative Numbers
- Approximation and Estimation
Significant Numbers, Rounding and Estimation
- Basic Algebra and Algebraic Manipulation
Expansion, Factorisation and Simplification of Linear Expressions and with Fractional Coefficients
- Linear Equations and Simple Inequalities
- Functions and Linear Graphs
Gradient of Straight Line and Applications of Linear Graph in Real-World Contexts
- Number Patterns
Number Sequences, General Term
Percentage Change, Reverse Percentage and in Practical Situations
- Ratio, Rate and Speed
- Basic Geometry
Points, Lines, Planes, Angles and Angles Related to Parallel Lines
- Triangles, Quadrilaterals and Polygons
- Geometrical Constructions
Perpendicular and Angle Bisectors and Constructions of Triangles and Quadrilaterals
- Perimeter and Area of Plane Figures
Basic Plane Figures, Parallelograms and Trapeziums
- Volume and Surface Area of Prisms and Cylinders
Cubes, Cuboids, Prisms, Cylinders and Composite Solids
- Statistical Data Handling
Pictograms, Bar Graphs, Pie Charts, Line Graphs
- Answer Key
Solution booklet sold separately.
For topics in this book, click here.
Complete series contain:
- Workbook Solution Booklet
- Teacher's Resource Book