New Syllabus Mathematics Workbook 2 (7th Ed)
New Syllabus Mathematics is the most widely-adopted series of secondary mathematics textbooks in Singapore. Following the three-part lesson approach, pupils begin with an anchor task, followed by a guided practice, before concluding with an independent practice. New concepts are introduced and built upon in the textbooks. Well-structured exercises developed in
accordance to the lesson objectives are found in the workbooks.
This is a 4-year course in preparation for Cambridge O-level.
This is a 4-year course.
For Secondary 2/ Grade 8 / Year 8
- Direct and Inverse Proportions
Algebraic and Graphical Representations
- Linear Graphs and Simultaneous Linear Equations
Horizontal and Vertical Lines, Solving Using Graphical and Algebraic Methods
- Expansion and Factorisation of Quadratic Expressions
- Further Expansion and Factorisation of Algebraic Expressions
Special Algebraic Identities
- Quadratic Equations and Graphs
Solving and Applications
- Algebraic Fractions and Formulae
Four Operations and Manipulation
- Congruence and Similarity
Enlargement and Scale Drawings
- Pythagoras' Theorem
Converse and Applications
- Trigonometric Ratios
- Volume and Surface Area of Pyramids, Cones and Spheres
including Composite Figures
- Probability of Single Events
- Statistical Diagrams
Dot, Stem-and-Leaf Diagrams and Histograms for Grouped and Ungrouped Data
- Averages of Statistical Data
Mean, Median and Mode
- Answer Key
Solution Booklet sold separately.
For topics in this book, click here.
Complete series contain:
- Workbook Solution Booklet
- Teacher's Resource Book