New Discovering Mathematics Textbook 2B (Exp)
- Chapter openers: introduces the chapters by proving real-world context, focusing on the relevance of mathematics in our daily lives. Students can explore the subject further, fostering interest in mathematics. the learning objective for each chapter are provided in this section
- Activity: enhances students’ learning experiences through exploration and discovery by guiding them through relevant tasks
- Worked Example: illustrates the steps in solving mathematical problems to help students understand a concept or skill. Analysis in difficult problems guides students in unpacking the information and making sense of it.
- Try it yourself: provides a similar mathematical problem to the worked example for students to practise and consolidate their understanding.
- Practice exercise: Provide exercises with different difficulty levels (basic mastery, intermediate, advanced) for further practice
- Let’s sum up! : highlights important concepts, formulae , properties and rules for quick revision
- Review Exercise: provides a further exercise to reinforce understanding and consolidate learning for each chapter
- Maths Journals: encourages students to reflect on and communicate about the learning experiences.
- Revision Exercise: test mastery of what has been learnt with problems that integrate concepts and skills aught across topics.
- Think^2: ask questions that encourages reflection on learning to promote development of metacognitive skills
- Problems in real-world context: gives students opportunities to explore, model and solve problems in real life situations , allowing them to realise the relevance and utility of mathematics in our daily lives
No. of pages: 203
- Pythagoras’ Theorem
- Pythagoras’ Theorem and its converse
- Applications of Pythagoras’ theorem
- Trigonometric Ratios
- Trigonometric ratios of acute angles
- Applications of trigonometric ratio in real-world context
- Volume and surface area of pyramids, cones and spheres
- Statistical diagrams
- Dot diagrams
- Stem and leaf diagrams
- Measures of central tendency
- Introduction to Probability
- More problems involving probability
Complete series contain:
- Textbooks (A/B)
- Workbooks (A/B)